work in progress bread recipe
425-450g flour (this totally depends on humidity of the air and protein content of the flour)
0.75-1.5g yeast (depends on ambient temperature)
1. Combine flour, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl or food processor. Mix in water by hand or with food processor until it’s just together.
2. Ferment 18 hours. It should have big bubbles and rise a substantial amount.
3. Scrape it out onto a floured surface, and shape into a boule.
4. let proof for around two hours on a sheet of parchment paper, it will double and won’t pool if the dough isn’t too wet
5. put a dutch oven that is big enough to fit the loaf into an oven. preheat oven to 450, an hour before the bread will be ready.
6. slash bread if you want, lift the parchment paper into the dutch oven, bake with lid on for 30 min
7. continue to bake with lid off for 15-20 min. The inside of the bread should be above 210F.
mushroom risotto with parmesan and rosemary
football shaped sporangia from a fungus cultured from strawberries.
cucumber seedlings. how they have grown!